There are a large number of options for finding the best broadband deal
for you. Making calls to your friends and loved ones may be important to you, and there are various packages with which include perks such as free anytime calls, or at certain times, such as weekends and evenings. This guide will help you to choose the package that best suits your needs.
Broadband and Phone Deals
Certain packages include broadband and a line rental, but not free calls. So if you rarely make telephone calls using your landline but are looking for cheap broadband
, these could be suited to your needs. Broadband contracts tend to come in 18-month either 12-month commitments. It is worth bearing in mind that longer contracts are often cheaper so look out for 18-month contracts if you are in a settled living situation.
Most broadband deals come packaged with some form of free landline calls, but Plusnet’s 18-month Fixed Price Unlimited Fibre Broadband & Phone Line package includes unlimited downloads
at fast speeds of an average of 36 Mbps. This costs £22.99 a month with zero setup costs.
Broadband with Free Calls at Certain Times
Some broadband deals include free calls during specified times, such as in the evenings or at the weekend, so if you work in the week, you may want to consider some of these packages:
- POP Telecom’s Unlimited Broadband & Weekend Calls offers unlimited downloads at an average speed of 11 Mbps, and free weekend calls for the price of just £17.90 a month. This comes with a year long contract.
- For £20 a month for 12 months, John Lewis’s Unlimited Broadband with Weekend and Evening Calls gives you both free calls in the evening and the weekend, as well as unlimited downloads at an average speed of 10 Mbps. If you want faster speeds as well as the free phone calls, for an extra £5 a month you can get average speeds of 36 Mbps, or £10 a month extra for superfast fibre-optic connection with average speeds of 66 Mbps.
- If you wish to include calls to UK mobile telephone numbers in your contract, Plusnet offer 10 Mbps speeds with unlimited downloads in their Fixed Price Unlimited Broadband with Evening, Weekend UK & Mobile Calls package. This comes at a price of £22.99 a month for 12 months. For faster connection speeds of an average of 36 Mbps, you can pay £5 extra a month at £27.99
Broadband Packages with Anytime Calls
If you wish to use include free calls at any time of the day in your broadband deal, then there are a number of options available to you:
- NOW Broadband offer the cheapest deal, with their Brilliant Broadband & Anytime Calls deal. For just £18 a month for 12 months, you will get anytime free calls, and unlimited downloads at an average speed of 11 Mbps. For £25 a month, you can have faster speeds of 36 Mbps, or for £30 a month, you can get superfast fibre-optic broadband at an average of 63 Mbps.
- EE’s Unlimited Broadband & Anytime Landline calls comes with an 18-month commitment, and comes with unlimited downloads and free anytime calls. For £25 a month, you’ll get average speeds of up to 10 Mbps, for superfast connection at 36 Mbps, this would cost £29 a month and for an even faster fibre optic connection of 67 Mbps, this will total £33 a month.
- If you have friends or relatives who live abroad, Plusnet’s Fixed Price Unlimited Broadband & Anytime International Calls deal may be the one for you. This offers 300 international minutes in the package as well as unlimited downloads at an average speed of 10 Mbps. The contract length for this is 12 months and costs £26.99 a month.
- Virgin Media offer an 18-month offer ultrafast broadband in their M100 Ultrafast Fibre Broadband & Phone package. For £25 a month, you can have access to unlimited downloads and average speeds of up to 108 Mbps, as well as free anytime calls. However, availability is limited to certain postcodes for this deal so check if you are eligible.
- If lightning quick broadband speed is the most important thing for you, Virgin Media’s Ultimate Oomph TV Bundle is the fastest you can get. For a 12 month contract at £79 a month and a one time setup cost of £35, you get anytime minutes with ultrafast fibre-optic broadband with an average speed of 516 Mbps. Added perks include a sim card with unlimited 4G and a TV bundle.
It is worth being aware that there are often extra costs involved with these broadband deals
that may not be immediately apparent. In some contracts with anytime calls, you can be charged extra if your phone call lasts longer than an hour. However, you will not be charged if you hang up and redial the number you were calling, so it is something to be aware of.
Also, some packages include one off setup fees, although the provider usually makes these quite clear.