Latest offers from Origin Broadband in July 2021
No broadband deals found 😥
But no worries, we've got you covered. Try another postcode here.
Origin broadband was founded in 2011 as a response to perceived failures in the broadband market in terms of customer service, speed and technical support. Since that time Origin have one numerous awards and have become the 6th largest broadband operator in the country.
Is Origin broadband right for you? Check out our Origin review to find out.
Unsatisfied with your deal? Check out our guide on how to cancel a Origin broadband contract
Origin Broadband Overview
- Great value broadband
- Nationwide access to Superfast broadband
- Use of Openreach Network
- Friendly, 24/7 UK-based customer service
- Ethical broadband provider
- Business broadband packages available
- Pay monthly or up-front
What does Origin offer?
Origin offer a range of basic packages including three different types of connection speed which all come equipped with line rental. Origin currently don't offer any live or on demand television services as part of their broadband packages, but do have some solid offers with high speeds at very competitive prices.
Origin Broadband Packages:
Simplicity and accessibility are at the heart of everything Origin does. That’s why they only offer three different types of broadband coverage, all lasting 18 months: Origin Broadband, Origin Superfast and Origin Max Fibre.
This no-nonsense approach ensures customers only pay for what they need. And with the option to pay monthly or up-front, you’ll be confident you’re getting a good deal.
All Origin Broadband runs on the Openreach Network, meaning they provide the same standard of connection as major competitors like BT, Sky, TalkTalk and Vodafone.
Let’s take a look at what’s available:
- Origin Fibre Broadband – Costing only £19.99pm, Origin’s most basic broadband service runs off ADSL copper cables. With average download speeds on 11Mbps and upload speeds of just 1Mbps, this is a very slow service. It’s perfect for browsing the web and watching a few videos, but for anything else you’re going to need to look elsewhere. (£208.99 up front payment)
- Origin Superfast Broadband – At £23.99pm, this is Origin’s budget fibre broadband. The 36Mbps download speeds and 9Mbps for uploads, it’s great for those who want a little extra. Running on a combination of ADSL copper and fibre cables means you also have a more reliable connection. (£410 upfront payment)
- Origin Fibre Max – Origin’s superfast fibre broadband comes at the very competitive price of £27.99 per month. At 67Mbps for downloads and 17Mbps for uploads, you’re getting a service comparable with other major Internet Service Providers (ISP). (£439.99 upfront payment)
Due to infrastructure delays, it’s not possible to get fibre broadband in every property in the UK. Use our postcode checker to see if you’re home or business is eligible for this type of connection.
Origin Line Rental
Line Rental is included at no extra cost with all Origin packages, since they use copper telephone wires to bring connection to your house.
However as with other ISPs, you can expand your line rental options to allow of landline use too, but it will cost you extra:
- Evening and weekend calls: £3.49 per month
- Anytime calls £5.99 per month
- Anytime with international calls £7.49 per month
Origin Broadband Customer Service
Origin has an outstanding reputation for customer service, with its team of UK-based technical support staff on and 24/7 to sort out any problem you have via online chat, phone, e-mail or on social media.
It’s one of the things that the team at Origin are most proud of, and rightly so.
Switching to or from Origin broadband
Switching to Origin broadband couldn’t be easier. Once you’ve decided which is the right package for your internet needs, the transfer team at Origin will arrange everything with your previous supplier.
Because they’re on the Openreach network too, you are likely to not even need an engineer visit. They just send you your new hub in the post and keep you informed as the process moves forward.
If you’re not happy with your Origin service and want to switch, you should always compare broadband deals thoroughly to make sure you’re spending your money in the best way.