Vodafone Broadband: How to Cancel
Switching broadband providers regularly is a good way to save money on your bills. Whether you’re moving house, are dissatisfied with the service, or just want a change, it is simple to cancel your broadband contract. How do you cancel and what might it cost to cancel your Vodafone broadband contract?
How do I cancel Vodafone broadband?
Vodafone broadband contracts run for a fixed term of 18 months minimum and are more likely to be 24 months, which then automatically convert to rolling monthly contracts. Unless you are cancelling because you no longer require internet, make sure you have found a new internet service provider to switch to before you cancel your Vodafone contract – it will make switching much easier.
Cancelling Vodafone broadband is easy. When you decide to cancel, all you need to do is call 191 from a Vodafone mobile, or 03333 040 191. Bear in mind that you need to give 30 days’ notice before cancelling your broadband.
If you’re still in contract you need to return your Vodafone router in working order, or you will be charged £72.
Vodafone broadband cancellation fees
There are no cancellation fees if you cancel your Vodafone broadband outside of the fixed-term contract length. However, if you wish to cancel your contract early then you may face early termination charges. The exact charge will depend on what contract you are under and the length of time remaining on your contract. There are a few ways in which you can cancel your broadband without a cancellation fee, even if you are within the minimum contract length:
- You can cancel your contract within 14 days of signing up during the ‘cooling off’ period.
- If your provider raises your monthly bill by more than inflation rises, then you can cancel without penalty within 30 days of the price change notification.
- If you believe your provider has breached the contract and hasn’t solved your issues, then you may be able to cancel without penalty.
The early termination fees are prone to change so it may be good to check with Vodafone at the time of cancellation how much of a fee you are facing. Read more about Vodafone's cancellation fees on their website.
Can I cancel my Vodafone broadband if it’s too slow?
If you’re unhappy with your broadband speed, then you can take action to improve it. You may feel that you have paid for faster broadband speeds but still be getting bad internet at certain times. If you think that your broadband is too slow then here are the steps that you should take:
- Check your broadband speed with a broadband speed test, these are generally available on the internet and your broadband provider will also usually have one available on their website or mobile apps.
- If you discover your broadband speeds are slow then next you should check your contract to find out what the minimum speeds stated are.
- If you’re still unhappy you can contact your provider to see if they can help improve your internet speed.
Once you have followed this step-by-step process and you still aren’t satisfied, you may have grounds to complain or cancel your contract. Follow the standard complaints procedure and if nothing improves then you have the right to cancel your contract without a penalty and switch provider.