Speed: How fast is Vodafone Broadband?
Vodafone broadband offers two main categories of tariff – Vodafone Superfast 1 and Vodafone Superfast 2.
Vodafone Superfast 1 is a fibre package that offers average download speeds of around 35Mbps (10Mbps upload speed). This speed is normal for basic fibre broadband packages. It will support a home of three or four people who use the internet regularly. However, if you are using the internet for gaming or streaming high quality videos then you may wish to purchase a faster broadband package.
Vodafone Superfast 2 is a fibre package that offers average download speeds of 63Mbps (20Mbps upload speeds). This speed should be plenty for those streaming or gaming a lot, especially if there are several devices using the internet. However, Virgin Media and EE Broadband provide ultra-fast packages with speeds of 100+Mbps which may be preferable if you want to avoid any speed issues.
Price: How much does Vodafone broadband cost?
Vodafone broadband is one of the cheaper internet service providers, and most customers believe the provider to be good value for money.
Prices for a Vodafone package start at £22 for a fibre optic 35Mbps connection, making it one of the cheapest fibre providers in the market.
If you are looking for a little more from your package, Vodafone offer faster line speeds of up to 900Mbps (if your property can access this connection), but this will set you back £60 a month.
What makes Vodafone broadband stand out?
Vodafone have some great features and extras that they attach to their broadband packages. Here are a few features they offer:
- Zero setup costs – Vodafone send all their new customers the latest router for no extra cost.
- SIM only and broadband bundles – for new or upgrading SIM only customers. New customers can get a £3 monthly discount for a mobile and broadband package.
- 5G network – Vodafone are the first UK provider to launch a 5G-ready mobile and broadband bundle.
- Entertainment bundles – partnerships with Amazon Prime, Spotify, NOW TV and Sky (make sure you check first as these partnerships change regularly).
- Home phone call plans – anytime landline and mobile calls for £5 per month. Evening and weekend calls for £4 per month.
Availability: where can I get Vodafone broadband?
Vodafone, like many other providers, are part of the Openreach network, meaning that Vodafone broadband is widely available around the UK. Openreach superfast fibre network covers 96.4% of the UK.
If you’re unsure you can use our postcode checker to find out whether Vodafone broadband is available in your area.