At a glance
- Triple Leica Rear Camera
- Huawei Kirin 980 Octa-Core Processor
- Dual Video Capabilities
- Huawei SuperSpectrum Sensor with RYYB Colour
- One-Touch File Sharing (with Matebook)
Like other phones in Huawei’s catalogue, the P30 series comes into its own with its audio-visual features. With up to 30x digital zoom, SuperSpectrum colour sensor, up to ISO 204,800, long exposure and macro lens, it’s never been easier to take professional grade photographs. With Dual Video recording too, you can take two videos of the same subject with different focuses, helping you to capture your memories in ways you never thought possible.
The Kirin 980 is a world first 7nm mobile process chipset with stronger performance and lower power consumption. With up to 8GB RAM, 128GB storage and the ability to charge in minutes with Huawei SuperCharge, this really is an astonishingly powerful device.
Design and appearance
In keeping with Huawei’s vision to create both stylish and powerful smartphones, the P30 is light and perfectly sized, measuring 71.36mm (W) x 149.1mm (H) x 7.57mm (D) and weighing only 165g (inc battery). To make sure all tastes are catered for, it’s available in a wide range of colours: Amber Sunrise, Breathing Crystal, Pearl White, Aurora and Black. It’s also splash, water and dust resistant according to requirements of classification of IP53.
The Huawei P30 Camera is one of the strongest and most capable smartphone cameras on the block, with its Triple Leica Camera on the rear with AI Image Stabilisation, and 32MP front camera. The Dual Video feature also lets you record two videos of the same subject, each from a different depth depending on which cameras you choose.
- 40 MP (Wide Angle Lens, f/1.8 aperture)
- 16 MP (Ultra Wide Angle Lens, f/2.2 aperture)
- 8 MP (Telephoto, f/2.4 aperture,OIS), supports autofocus (laser focus, phase focus, contrast focus), supports AIS (Huawei AI Image Stabilization).
- 32 MP, f/2.0 aperture
The P30 boasts a 6.1-inch screen with rounded corners and dewdrop display, giving a larger, more immersive viewing experience. Its OLED screen supports FHD+ 2340x1080 px resolution, playing host to a whopping 16.7 million colours across a Wide Colour Gamut (DCI-P3).
Software and features
- Processor: Huawei Kirin 980 Octa-core, 2*Cortex-A76 Based 2.6GHz+ 2*Cortex-A76 Based 1.92GHz + 4*Cortex-A55 1.8GHz
- NPU: Dual NPUs (Neural-network Processing Unit)
- OS: EMUI 9.1 (based on Android 9)
- RAM: 6 or 8GB
- Storage: 128GB ROM
Running on the hugely powerful Kirin 980 and supported by a 3650mAh battery, this phone is quite a beast in terms of performance. With Huawei’s signature SuperCharge facility, you can charge the whole phone in a matter of minutes, so you don’t have to worry about using your phone on the go.