About EDF Energy
EDF Energy is owned by the French state-owned EDF Group, one of the biggest energy providers throughout Europe. As one of the ‘Big Six’ energy suppliers, EDF Energy is the UK’s biggest supplier of low-carbon electricity by volume. The firm powers over 5 million homes and businesses across the UK.
They focus on providing nuclear power - 70% of their electricity is supplied by one of their 8 nuclear power stations. EDF Energy is well known for their innovative developmental ideas which make them stand out from the other Big Six suppliers, including their all-new sustainable Smart Cities and Low Carbon generation. They intend to be the most sustainable and responsible energy provider on the market by aiming for a net zero environmental impact.
Compare energy deals
We value your privacy; we only use your postcode to compare offers in your area.
Benefits and Energy Mix
- Offers a wide range of varied energy deals for you to choose from energy deals for you to choose from
- The app is easy to use and offers some excellent advanced features
- They care about having a positive impact on the environment
- UK’s largest producer of low-carbon electricity
- Reasonable customer service waiting times
It's important to know where your supplier gets their energy from:
- Coal - 8%
- Gas - 9%
- Nuclear - 71%
- Renewable - 12%
- Other - 0%