usave digital ltd, the owner and operator of usave.co.uk, is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The purpose of this policy is to explain to you how we control, process, handle and protect your personal information through the business and while you browse or use this website. If you do not agree to the following policy you may wish to cease viewing / using this website.
usave digital ltd is registered at 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU, company number 11104514.
usave digital ltd is registered with the ICO, registration number: ZA480861.
Our contact details are:
usave digital ltd,
167a High Street
Telephone: 020 7112 8220
In the use of our website, we may collect the following information about you:
The information you provide to us directly. This could include:
- Personal information so that we can identify who you are (e.g. your name)
- Personal information so that we can contact you (e.g. your address, contact telephone numbers, email)
- Personal information to help us find you a product or service (e.g. your financial situation, your profession, your postcode)
The information we collect about you. This could include:
- Information about the device you are using (e.g. PC or mobile)
- Your IP address
- Information about how your got to our website
- How you use our services
How do we collect your personal information
We will only collect your personal information when you interact with our website. This will include in the following circumstances:
- If you request for a quote for one of the services on our website
- You make a purchase via one of our partner providers following a quote on our website
- You sign up for direct marketing information or email newsletters
- You complete a survey on our site, or take part in a competition / prize draw / promotion.
- You contact us with an enquiry, via email, phone, or mail
When we will use your information
The personal information above will only be used in the following circumstances:
Providing to you our price comparison services, which could include:
- Processing quotes and sending you comparison results
- Completing any transactions and fulfilling an order
- Carrying out any promotions, competitions, you have signed up for
- Helping you with an enquiry
Marketing and advertising, which could include:
- Providing you with information about the packages and goods we have on offer on our website, or any information from one of our partners which we think would be of interest to you based on your activity on the website. We will only do this if you have opted in to such arrangements.
Website improvement and usage analysis, which could involve
- Analysing your usage of the website to allow us to improve the services that we offer
- Analysing any answers submitted via any form of market research to improve our services or website
Legal obligations, which could include:
- Verifying your identity when required
- Credit scoring
- Fraud prevention and detection
Please note we will only process your personal information if we have a legitimate interest to process it, have entered into a contract with yourself, have a legal obligation, or we gain your consent to process it.
Sharing your personal information
usave digital limited will make sure that your personal information will be protected against unauthorised access and unlawful processing, and secured properly.
We may need to transfer your personal data to a third party. We will only do this in the following circumstances:
- If we need to transfer any collected information to a usave partner or supplier to generate a quote for a product or service you have shown an interest in. This could be a broadband provider (such as BT, Virgin, or Sky), or an energy provider (such as British Gas, Octopus energy, or SSE)
- If you do a postcode search check, we use third parties to perform searches of your postcode to see what is available in your area. The only information sent here is your postcode
- If you use our website for any financial products, you may need to go through an eligibility check. Our third-party partners will use your information in accordance with their own privacy policies.
- For analytics, we may provide information about your visit to analytics and search engines in order to improve our services. The information shared here will always be anonymised and contain no information through which you will be able to be identified.
- If we need to comply with a legal obligation. This may be if we are required to comply with a request from law enforcement or a regulatory authority.
Securing your data
Any data we hold on you will be held securely. We have put in place the appropriate security measures to ensure that information cannot be used or accessed in an authorised way, or lost. Data security is extremely important to us, and we use strict data protection procedures to protect it.
We will only keep your information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is being processed. If you wish to find out about the data we hold on you, amend it, or have us destroy it, you can contact us at anytime and we will help you to the best of our ability.
We will only ever send your personal information to providers outside the EEA if the providers we work with protect your personal information to the same standards as they would have to if they were based within the EEA. If you provide us with your personal information, you agree we can transfer this information, but we will always ensure that adequate and approved data transfer and protection mechanisms (e.g. EU-US Privacy Shield) is utilised to safeguard your data.
You can reject the cookies which we use on the website, but doing so may cause usability issues. For more information about cookies, please click here
You have many rights with regard to your personal information, including:
- The right to ask us how we are processing your information, copies of the personal information we hold on you, and who we have disclosed your details to
- The right to ask us to change / rectify any information we hold on you, or ask us to erase any information we hold on you. When it comes to deleting your personal information, we will do so to the best of our ability which is not limited by circumstances prescribed by law (e.g. if we have to comply with a legal obligation).
- The right to withdraw consent to use your personal information.
If you have any questions or queries about the use of your personal information, please contact us directly via phone, email, or letter.
How to contact us
usave digital ltd
167a High Street
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are concerned about how we are handling your data, or think we have not acted in a way you think compliant with data protection laws, you can take this up with the Information Commissioners Office.