Can I get broadband with free gifts?
Absolutely. Competition in the broadband market is fierce, so many providers will try to incentivise you to use their service by throwing in a freebie or two. You should always look out for these when comparing broadband packages, as they can turn an otherwise bog-standard deal into a worthy one.
What free gifts are available with broadband packages?
Free gadgets and tech
- First - they're generally time sensitive, so make sure you sign up and claim your device in time
- Second - you should make sure that you're actually getting a good deal, and that it wouldn't be cheaper to get a different broadband tariff, and buy the device separately.
Which broadband providers offer free gifts?
Several providers add incentives to their broadband packages, although the specific deals these gifts are included with may be subject to change, while the gift offered may also change over time. However, typical free gifts offered by providers include:
- BT Broadband: Known for its BT reward card offerings, which can be used in any store that takes Mastercard. It has also been known to offer additional retailer vouchers such as those from Amazon.
- Sky Broadband: Has often often offered prepaid cards, vouchers, and free tech as part of its broadband and TV bundle deals.
- Plusnet: Usually gives out a pre-loaded Plusnet Reward Card with its broadband packages, which can be used online or in high street stores that accept Mastercard.
- TalkTalk: Has been known to offer cashback, reward cards and vouchers with its broadband packages in the past.
- Vodafone: Have offered cashback in the past as well as free gifts including a 12 month subscription to Apple TV.
Enter your postcode to find deals near you
Is it worth paying more for broadband with a free gift?
When you compare providers, you should look at the total cost of any broadband contract, among other factors. A certain package offering a £100 gift card may sound enticing, but if it will cost you more than £100 over the length of the contract to go for this package over a similar one, then it's probably not worth it in the long run.
As always, consider all the factors that make up any broadband package, including the contract length, broadband speed, and of course, the price.
How do I claim my free gifts?
Last reviewed: 04 November 2021
Next review: 04 December 2021