Known previously as Powergen, E.ON changed their name in 2007 in line with their new product Go Green which meant a greater focus on gaining energy from more renewable sources. As well as being one of the largest energy suppliers in the country, E.ON is also one of the biggest generators with a wide range of power stations, biomass plants and wind farms at their disposal.
Currently owned by Centrica, this energy giant serves over 14 million homes around the UK making them the biggest energy supplier out of the ‘Big Six’. British Gas is also at the front of the smart meter rollout and has an aim to have smart meters installed in all their customers’ homes by the year 2020.
Compare energy deals
We value your privacy; we only use your postcode to compare offers in your area.
Benefits and Energy Mix
- Excellent customer service with a recent survey indicating 80% customer satisfaction
- Simple single sheet tariffs make offers easier to understand
- Easy to use app allows you to manage your account from your phone
- Part of the smart meter rollout
- Great prizes and rewards for customers
It's important to know where your supplier gets their energy from:
- Coal - 14%
- Gas - 41%
- Nuclear - 11%
- Renewable - 29%
- Other - 4%