usave.co.uk is supported by its users. When you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission
At a glance
- Affordably priced
- Compact design
- 4.7-inch Retina HD LCD display
- Powered by A13 Bionic chip
- Supports fast charging and wireless charging
- Single 12MP f/1.8 wide rear camera with 5x digital zoom
- If you prefer a smaller phone, then the iPhone SE 2020 is one of the best value handsets you could get right now.
- You’ll get the super fast A13 Bionic processor inside your device which speeds up performance and also increases camera capabilities.
- The iPhone SE 2020 also has a sleek design with wireless charging and water resistance - features you won’t find in many Android devices in its price range.
Design & Appearance
The iPhone SE 2020 sports a sleek design made from aerospace-grade aluminium and rugged glass. It has an all-black front, and comes in three colour options: white, black, and (PRODUCT)RED.
It measures 138.4mm x 67.3mm x 7.3mm and weighs in at just 148 grams.
As mentioned previously, it is identical in design to the iPhone 8, so those who prefer a smaller phone in comparison to the almost mini-tablet-sized offerings on the market at present will find it to be an attractive size.
The iPhone SE 2020 has a 12-megapixel f/1.8 wide camera. This is the same camera that is featured in the iPhone XR, however the iPhone SE’s version is more powerful thanks to the A13 Bionic chip’s imaging pipeline. This allows it to support six Portrait Lightning effects and Depth Control, which the iPhone XR can’t handle.
The camera can capture high-quality 4K video at up to 60fps, with extended dynamic range for more highlight details on frame rates up to 30fps.
The iPhone SE 2020 has a modestly-sized display in comparison to most other handsets. It has a 4.7inch Retina HD LCD display with a 1334x750 pixel resolution at 326 PPI.
It also has True Tone technology which adjusts colours to match the ambient lighting around you.
Software & Features
The iPhone SE 2020 provides a seamless experience due to the integration between the software and hardware in iOS 13.
iOS 13 features a more private way to sign into apps using Sign In with Apple, has a completely new Maps experience, and has the dramatic-looking Dark Mode.
The new iPhone SE 2020 is powered by the same chip that powers the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max: the A13 Bionic chip.
It is the fastest CPU of any smartphone on the market, and is up to 20% faster than the previous A12 chip.
The A13 Bionic chip features special upgrades that allow machine learning accelerators to boost the CPU’s abilities so that it can deliver over 5trillion operations each and every second.