EE Broadband Review
EE is a large and well-known mobile network provider, but they also offer home broadband, phone and TV services. EE provide their broadband over the BT network, meaning it is widely available across the UK. They provide special offers to their mobile customers for broadband packages, so you may be able to get a better deal for both your mobile network and broadband if you sign up for both at the same time. EE are a trusted mobile network provider, but is their broadband any good? Continue reading our review to find out more.
How fast is EE broadband?
EE offer five broadband packages to choose from. All five packages are unlimited usage on 18-month minimum term contracts. Here are the five packages available:
- EE Broadband – average download speeds of around 10Mbps for £20 per month. This is a standard speed for connections that are not fibre optic – ADSL connections – and is a similar speed to those offered in basic broadband packages from other broadband providers.
- EE Fibre – average download speeds of around 36Mbps for £24 per month.
- EE Fibre Plus – average download speeds of around 67Mbps for £27 per month. This speed should be plenty for those streaming or gaming a lot, especially if there are several devices using the internet. This fibre broadband speed is similar to fibre broadband speeds provided by other providers.
- EE Fibre Max 1 – average download speeds of 145Mbps for £36 per month and a £25 setup cost.
- EE Fibre Max 2 – average download speeds of 300Mbps for £43 per month and a £25 setup cost.
EE and Virgin Media are currently the only widely available ultrafast broadband providers with 300+Mbps speeds.
How much does EE broadband cost?
EE broadband is one of the cheaper broadband providers, and most customers believe the provider to be reasonably good value.
Check out their top packages below to see what you'd pay:
What makes EE stand out?
EE have some great features and extras that they attach to their broadband packages. Here are a few features they offer:
- EE has two different routers – EE Brightbox for ADSL broadband customers and the Smart Hub router for fibre deals – both routers are included with your package.
- Mobile data boost – EE Mobile customers can claim a free monthly data boost if they sign up for EE broadband. Standard broadband and fibre customers get 10GB data boost per month, and EE Fibre Max customers get 20GB per month.
- Early cancellation credit – if you are switching from another provider to EE, then EE offer £50 credit when you switch. This can help with exit fees you may have incurred from your previous provider.
- Home phone – EE offer phone line rental with some of their broadband packages. They have various add-on packages that you will need if you use your home phone regularly, this will cost you between £5 and £12 per month depending on which package you require.
- TV packages – EE once offered a branded TV package known as EE TV, but this service was retired and replaced with Apple TV 4K. Pay monthly mobile customers are able to get an Apple TV 4K package which comes with BT Sport at no extra charge.