Everyone likes a good deal. Knowing you’ve got value for money on a purchase is a great feeling and never more so than with something as vital to your day to day life as broadband.
If you're someone who lives in London, a city not exactly known for it’s cheap and affordable lifestyle, the joy of a steal on your broadband deal becomes even more tantalizing. Finding a cheap broadband deal
allows you to save money to spend sky-high rents and £7 pints.
Luckily for you these deals do exist, and we have been kind enough to put them all in one easy to find place, helping you to get the most bytes for the best price.
What will the best broadband deal in London include?
When people talk about the best broadband deal
, it’s easy to automatically think of cheap broadband, but the cheapest deals aren’t always the best value. Value is determined by how much it is worth to an individual, so for some people a high speed connection at a reasonable cost is far more valuable than a slow connection for a small cost. In order to cover the market we have split the different offerings by their speed to help you with your broadband comparison
Standard Broadband (10-11Mbps)
Coming in at between 10-11Mbps, these connections are generally the slowest speeds on the market and are becoming rarer and rarer as fibre starts to be the new norm. That being said, if there are only one or two of you using your connection and you don’t need it for anything too bandwidth-intensive, this could be the most sensible option for you.
- The Post Office Unlimited Broadband: 11mbps / £15.90 per month on a 12 month contract (zero set up cost)
- NOW Broadband Brilliant Broadband: 11mbps / £18.00 per month on a 12 month contract (£5 setup with unlimited landline calls)
- TalkTalk Fixed Price Unlimited Broadband: 11mbps / £19.95 on an 18 month contract (£19.90 setup fee)
- EE Unlimited Broadband: 10mbps / £20 on a 12 month contract (£5 setup fees)
Fibre Broadband (35-38Mbps)
This is your basic fibre connection - it should suit most reasonably-sized households and can support data-intensive services like online gaming
and streaming, as long as not too many people use it all at once.
- The Post Office Fibre Broadband: 38mbps / £20.90 per month on a 12 month contract (zero set up cost)
- Vodafone Superfast 1 Fibre Broadband: 35mbps / £22.95 per month on an 18 month contract (zero setup cost + 30mbps guaranteed minimum or money back)
- EE Unlimited Fibre Broadband: 36mbps / £23 per month on an 18 month contract (zero setup cost)
- NOW Broadband Fab Fibre: 36mbps / £25 per month on a 12 month contract (£5 setup cost)
Fibre Broadband (63-67Mbps)
This kind of speed will be more than enough for large households with fairly high internet usage. This kind of connection should suffice for a range of different situations and only fall short of those requiring ultrafast internet.
- Vodafone Superfast 2 Fibre Broadband: 63mbps / £25.95 per month on an 18 month contract (zero setup cost + 55mbps minimum guaranteed speeds or money back)
- TalkTalk Superfast Fibre Broadband: 67mbps / £25.95 per month on an 18 month contract (zero setup fees and a £50 reward card included)
- Post Office Fibre Broadband Plus: 67mbps / £26 per month on a 12 month contract (zero setup costs and free calls to other post office home phone owners)
- Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra: 66mbps / £26.99 per month on an 18 month contract (zero setup costs and no credit check but first month must be paid upfront)
Ultrafast Fibre (100Mbps+)
One for the speed freaks, this is only really required for large households with multiple connected devices and/or for those who are going to engage in particularly bandwidth-intensive activities, such as regularly downloading large files.
- Hyperoptic Superfast: 150 mbps / £28 per month on a 12 month contract and £35 thereafter (£29 activation cost, only available in certain locations)
- Virgin Media M100 Fibre Broadband: 108mbps / £33 per month for a 12 month contract (zero setup costs)
- EE Fibre Max 1 Broadband: 145mbps / £36 per month on an 18 month contract (£25 setup costs)
- BT Ultrafast Fibre: 145mbps / £39.99 per month on a 24 month contract (£9.99 setup costs and free access to BT Wi-Fi hotspots
So there you have it, a run down on London Broadband across a range of speeds and providers. But if you want to see for yourself, don’t let us stop you. Check out our handy broadband comparison
tool to see which of these great deals you can get for yourself today!